A Nigerian, Sampson Agarlor, one of the alleged kidnappers of the two Canadian students in Kumasi, Ghana has shown remorse for his action, by apologizing to everyone he has hurt.
Agarlor made the unexpected apology in the courtroom yesterday, Ghana News Agency reported. He apologized to the Canadian ladies and their families, the Republic of Ghana and Nigeria for his actions.
“I take this opportunity to apologize to the affected Canadian ladies and their families, Ghana and Nigeria and other persons affected by our actions,” Agarlor who is alleged to be the leader of the gang said before an Accra High Court hearing the case.
He also asked for a favour from the court: to order their detention in prison custody, instead of the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) cells, where he alleged he and gang members had been tortured.
Agarlor, otherwise called Romeo clarified that “the BNI and the CID applied torment on me while driving me to acknowledge an announcement against myself. Am not saying am guiltless, I assumed a few jobs that are the reality, yet unquestionably not every one of the jobs is blamed for”.
READ ALSO: My uncle, Iwan is struggling in the music industry so I can’t join his label – Awal reveals (video)
He asserted that the BNI authorities had completely cut them off from cooperating with their families, and said in the event that they were remanded in jail care, they could get individuals to converse with and get guests.
Agarlor and seven different suspects are being pursued the supposed abducting of two Canadians women, Miss Lauren Patricia Catherine Tilley and Miss Bailey Jordan Chilly, in Kumasi, on June 4
Two different Nigerians, Elvis Ojiyorwe and Jeff Omarsar are individuals from the posse, captured alongside Agarlor.
The Ghanaian accomplices additionally charged for the hijacking are Yusif Yakubu, Abdul Nasir, Seidu Abubakar, pseudonym Mba, Safianu Abubakar, and Abdul Rahman Suleimana.