A French man was shocked to find a dead mouse in a can of Coca-cola after drinking the entire beverage on his way home after work.
Damien, 34, said he bought the drink along with a pizza at a restaurant near his workplace on March 7.
As he emptied the drink and about to throw it in a rubbish bin, the resident of Varenne-sur-Seine noticed the can still carried some weight.
He found a dead mouse inside the soft drink can, reported Le Parisien,
He said: “I immediately called Coca-Cola and they spent a good quarter of an hour trying to sort it.”
They are said to have offered him a six-pack of Coca-Colas as compensation.
Damien later received a letter from the company stating that it would be impossible for the mouse to have entered the can at any point in their production process.
He turned to the police but was told ‘to find solutions on the Internet’.
He is now storing the can in the freezer at his home.
However, he is concerned that he could have contracted Leptospirosis, or known as Weil’s disease, an infection that can be spread through the urine of rats, mice and dogs, and therefore went to a doctor for help.
The doctor assured him that his gastric juice would be killing any bacteria.
“I am under surveillance for 21 days, and if I have an influenza condition, I have to go to the hospital,” he said.
Coco-Cola has offered Damien a voucher to redeem a pack of six Coca-Colas.