The main function of our digestive system is digestion and absorption. After eating, the digestive system works on breaking down the food into small pieces and molecules, which are, then, absorbed by the body if they are nutrients or eliminated if they are undigested.
In order to make the digestive system function efficiently, one must try to eat food that is easy to digest.
Easy To Digest Food
- Ripe Bananas: Bananas are tasty and readily available fruits. They contain water and fiber, both of which are essential for the digestive system.
- Rice: Rice is the second component of the BRAT diet for diarrhea. It is preferable because of its bland taste.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is a less processed alternative to crackers and bread.
- Eggs: Egg is a nutrient-dense food. It is among the foods that are high in proteins with high amino acid scores, especially in the white.
- Nuts: Nuts have to be on your easy-to-digest foods because they are packed with healthy fats and natural oils. You get a good dose of omega-3s from nuts and seeds that help boost your digestive system. Cashews, walnuts, pecans, etc., are some good choices.